Knowing how to hack the Instagram Reels algorithm is a huge advantage for anyone looking to grow on Instagram right now.
Why? Reels are one of the hottest growth hacks on the app — and they’re showing no signs of slowing down.
Instagram’s @creators account posted an infographic a couple of months ago, giving out some great advice to us brands who are trying to get discovered! Instagram stated that being unique and entertaining will take you far on the Reels page and low-resolution videos appear less on users' feeds. These may seem like common sense, but knowing for a fact which content Instagram intentionally devalues or values can greatly affect the way you record your Reels.
Here are a few tips they shared:
- Have fun! Get creative with text, stickers, filters, and text-to-speech.
- Be entertaining and inspiring. Be humorous, and show off your creativity by making your own trends.
- Prioritize your visuals: use high-resolution videos and avoid reusing footage with watermarks from other apps. They also recommended vertical video instead of horizontal, since it fits the frame better!
- Be smart with your text. Using text can be a great way to inform people about your content, as long as you’re using it sparingly and not covering up your footage.
- The audio you select sometimes makes all the difference with the Instagram algorithm. Use trending audio and audio from the Instagram music library.
- And of course, remember to always follow Instagram’s community guidelines. :)
By following these Instagram Reels tips directly from Instagram, you’ll stand a better chance of hacking the algorithm, reaching new audiences, and increasing your follower count. Get ready to get those views up!