If you’ve ever used TikTok, you already know that there are millions of creative brands that offer many different types of content. From art galleries to beauty gurus, skincare lines, dental offices, dance troupes, sports teams, and more, all kinds of brands are thriving on the app.
So why TikTok? What’s the big whoop?
This particular platform has become one of the most powerful tools for businesses to grow their brand and gain more of a following.
Not only does it claim to have 1 billion monthly active users, but viewers are also more engaged than those other social media apps. Additionally, users are 1.4x more likely to research the products and brands they discover while scrolling.
By looking at 28 of the best brands on TikTok, we were able to use their tips and tricks to give some inspiration for your content. Keep reading to get your inspo!
- Use the comment section to boost your reach: Being active commenters on other companies’ and creators’ videos will allow you to grow your own community for your brand.
- Share behind-the-scenes footage: Sharing behind-the-scenes content is a fantastic way to increase engagement among your followers while also making them feel like insiders in your community.
- Create content series: Once you have a good understanding of your audience on an application, try creating a special content series that appeals to their specific interests.
- Be bold: If your brand is comfortable being bold and ridiculous, try creating “unhinged” content. Using unhinged content has a shock factor that makes it stand out and boosts engagement if it’s done well.
- Go all in on your brand's niche: On TikTok, there is a community of people ready to consume any and every kind of content, so show whatever your brand specializes in!
- Don’t be shy: If you believe you do something better than anyone, don’t be afraid to show it off! Viewers love watching captivating videos displaying something that is aesthetically pleasing.
- Keep videos short: If you want to keep your content engaging, fresh, and fast-paced, prioritize shorter-form TikTok videos. If your video is engaging from start to end, viewers are going to stay hooked.
- Add trendy TikTok sounds: Using trending TikTok sounds on videos can be an effective way to boost your viewership. By matching a sound with the product you’re showing off, companies will find it to be an effective tactic.
- Use a mascot: Although this can be absurd, mascots are a great way to personify your brand and make videos more intriguing.
- Partnerships: When brands prioritize partnerships, they will ultimately build their brand by association and reach similar audiences to boost your account’s reach.
- Make your videos diverse: Diversify your videos and test out multiple content types. This can help your brand succeed on TikTok and find a bigger audience or gain more followers.
- Do giveaways: People love the opportunity to get things for free, which is why giveaways can be such an effective engagement-driving tool for brands on TikTok. Giveaways also help increase your reach and engagement on the app.
- Answer questions: Brands should always take time to reflect on the kinds of questions customers typically ask, therefore create some content responding to those to give viewers a deeper understanding of your products and company!
- Use personal stories: Audiences love to hear personal stories about successful brands and watch content that includes behind-the-scenes footage.
- Build brand awareness: Don’t think of TikTok just as a platform to post dancing videos, think of it as a platform to build brand awareness! 16. Put your product to the test: If you’re promoting a physical product on TikTok, use your creative energy to show it in action! Viewers love to see a product being used before they purchase it.
- Use photo and video editing apps: Using photo and video editing applications allows you to create eye-catching shots that can be intriguing and keep your viewers interested.
- Treat TikTok as an extension of your brand: If your brand is on other social media apps, keep your content consistent throughout all platforms. Customers like consistency from their favorite brands because they’re already used to seeing certain content from you!
- Joke around and be silly: Poking fun at yourself is a great way to show your sense of humor, make it clear that you’re in on (and into) the joke, and build a relationship with your audience. The Gen Z’s definitely know how to make something uncool, cool.
- Capitalize your knowledge: If your brand does something that’s already popular, shine a light on that – but make sure to differentiate yourself from competitors – by sharing little-known information about your popular product or service.
- Be relatable: If you want to rally a community around your brand, keep it real and relatable! It is one of the most effective ways to keep your audience coming back.
- Tie it back to your brand: When testing out different content types and trends, make sure to tie it back to your brand.
- Focus on the industry itself: Not everything has to directly relate to your brand, but if you focus on the industry in general, you’ll have more to talk about and come across as less sales-y.
- Explore broader cultural trends: Keeping up with the latest and hottest trends shows your audience that you’re in the know.
- Tell your brand's story: If you’re a recently new or small organization, tell your brand’s story in your videos to get your audience to know who you are better!
- Find out what performs well: Spend some time on TikTok getting to know what performs well and what doesn’t, then pick which theme(s) fit your brand the best and create similar content.
- Show why people should work with you: If you’re a freelancer or agency in the social media business, use the TikTok platform to show potential clients why they should work with you.
- Be your own advocate: You don’t always have to follow the latest trends on TikTok to keep an audience. Showing what and why you’re passionate about your brand is always just enough too!
If you’re planning to promote your business on TikTok, these tips from 28 creative brands should inspire you to create content that is just right for your brand! Remember, whatever your brand’s niche is, you will succeed on TikTok without having to do those viral dance trends!